13:30
8
The word 'mganga' will, with no doubt, ring bells in any Kenyan or Tanzanian and to an extent, Ugandan. Yes, it means a traditional healer or traditional doctor, if you want to make it sound more decent in your ears. 'Sangoma' means the same in South Africa. Well, these 'Waganga' and 'Sangoma' are in our societies, more so in the African setting and the Latin America. The use of traditional medicine has been in practice way back then and it is on-going mostly in Asia, Latin America and Africa. Traditional herbs are the cornerstone to the modern form of medicine (tablets, sirup, ointments etc). However, some dishonest individuals misuse them to benefit themselves by deceiving, well, ignorant and at times desperate people. There are more con artists in our streets, towns and cities who claim to be traditional healers than those with the real ability to do so. Who are these people, how and why do they do this? Let’s find out.
The conmen who hide under the umbrella of traditional healers are just ordinary people but in most cases they are foreigners in the places of practice. This is very evident in the streets of Nairobi, Dar es Salaam, Cape Town to list but a few. A walk in Nairobi and Dar will confirm this. There are very many posters pinned on the electric poles, stickers on walls of buildings in the busy streets of the cities despite the "NO POSTERS ALLOWED" warning on the walls. "MGANGA KUTOKA ZANZIBAR","DOKTA BINGWA WA TANGA TANZANIA","DR. OKWOFWE FROM NIGERIA" are popular types of posters in Nairobi streets citing healers from outside Kenya. Just across the border, in Dar one will be very surprised to find equally the same or more posters but none cites the healers to hail from Dar! Most posters will read: Nigeria, Mozambique, Malawi and towns in Tanzania which are far away from the capital. In South Africa, the conmen turn traditional healers come from East Africa, more so Uganda, and Nigeria.
The fact that these dishonest traditional healers are foreigners in most places they conduct their business, gives them an edge over the local ones. People who visit them for 'healing' tend to believe they are better than the ordinary healers among them. Well, a prophet is not accepted in his home town, huh? Africans and Latin Americans (majority) are thought or rather perceived to be superstitious and believe so much in ancestral spirits, black magic etc.  Some people believe in curses by their long dead parents/grandparents to be the barrier of them not getting good jobs or having bad luck in whatever they place their hands on. Hence, the help of traditional healers is sought to appease the spirits and thus uplift the barriers! Absurd requirements are often needed to appease the spirits. One may be asked to bring a spotless white cock, elephant's waste, black piece of cloth, armpit hair of a wife or husband and many more. Well, most are impossible to get in the fixed duration given may be of 3 days. "If you cannot get, you can give me money and I will get them and mix in the concoction by the time you visit next," such are common statements from the conmen. I highly doubt if any cent is spent on any of them.
Why would one leave their home town or even country for another place to just engage in such a dishonest business? One reason is that, if one is just not trustworthy and is into conning others for his/her income, he/she could not do such business in the place of origin simply because people will notice and shun him/her away. However, majority go to these foreign countries to such for a better living. It is well known that foreigners who do not qualify for white-collar jobs find it harder than those with papers to get jobs. This forces them into such criminal acts of fake traditional healers so as to eke a living in the new land. The marketing is rather easy due to the predecessors and the belief in superstitions among the locals. Large poster with very promising services of healing such as: TO RETURN LOST LOVE, PROMOTION AT WORK, SEXUAL DRIVE INCREMENT, GETTING A JOB IN A WEEK'S TIME, CONTROL OVER A SPOUSE, GETTING RICH EASILY, POLITICAL POWER and very easy-to-recall phone numbers. These kind of things are what greedy, faithless and vision-less people fall for. The promising healing ability on the posters and superstitious beliefs are well taken advantage by the fake traditional healers since people become desperate at such points in life.
Once the desperate lads have fallen into the traps of the con artists, they give out whichever amount of money required by the traditional healers. Others charge consultation fees ranging from $45-$100 and service of up to $2000 depending on the magnitude and urgency of the problem to be fixed. Both the poor and rich are victims of these fake healers. The poor will work hard to look for money to grace the healers in exchange for instant success in life rather than put the money into good investment, whereas the rich will splash their cash to get control over their rivals in business-all these being false belief that people have being dragged into. On the flip side, are the conmen with broad smiles as they have ripped easy money where they did not sow Cases of arrests of these fake conmen have been reported in South Africa, Uganda and Tanzania. In all the cases, rich guys were involved.
It is high time people came out of this darkness of superstitions. There are no elevators in success; one has to take the stairs! If you need a good job, get its qualifications. Dismissals at different places of work does not translate to angry ancestral spirits-you have to re-examine yourself to find out what is up with your personality, work performance etc. Lest we move on from such practices, we will see more posters of these con artists filling up electric poles and people crying of foul play day-in-day-out.
Indeed, it is hard to differentiate who are real traditional healers from those who aren't.


8 comments:

  1. MY HIV HEALING TESTIMONY

    My mouth is short of words, i am so so happy because Dr Ekpiku has healed me from HIV ailment which i have been suffering from the past 5 years now, i have spend alot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, i have tried all means in life to always i can become Hiv negative one day, but there was no answer until i found Dr Ekpiku the paris of african who provide me some healing spell that he uses to help me, now i am glad telling everyone that i am now HIV Negative, i am very very happy, thank you Dr Ekpiku for helping my life comes back newly without any form of crisis, may the good lord that i serve blessed you Dr Ekpiku and equip you to the higher grade for healing my life. i am so amazed. so i will announced to everyone in this whole world that is HIV positive to please follow my advice and get healed on time, because we all knows that HIV disease is a deadly type,contact Dr Ekpiku for your Hiv healing spell today at: Ekpikuspelltemple@live.com.... He will be always happy to assist you online and ensure you get healed on time, contact Dr Ekpiku today for your healing spell immediately, thank you sir : Ekpikuspelltemple@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so angry because a few days ago sent $1128. to Dr. Francic in south Africa seeking her but he simlpy ate my money and you can find him on google search for drfancis traditional healer in south africa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Adams, the spell caster, was truly godsend. First, he cleansed me with UGA oil and cleansing water to take off bad luck, bad spells, and witchcraft. The great traditional healer also used magic and anointing oil for good luck and stopped creditors, bad debts, and loans from haunting me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When i first heard about herbal remedy i never believe on such word until i found dr ehi a great traditional doctor that was introduced to me by a friend that suffered from Hepatitis B and was cure with the help of this great herbal doctor (dr ehi) so i decided to contact him for help in getting rid of my families genital herpes virus1/2 which i did and all i was told to provide was just some useful information and some materials use in preparation of the natural cure and that i did and now i am the happiest person on earth because i am writing this testimony of mine with joy and happiness in my heart to the whole world to know that natural remedy is real because i am a living testimony of dr ehi's traditional herbal cure and i want you all to contact dr ehi via his email: drudebhuluspelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp him 2349035080936 or visit his website: drudebhuluspellherbaltemple.webs.com am sure he will help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been trying for 3years to get pregnant and needed help! i have Been going to the doctors but still nothing. The doctor said that me and my husband are fine and I don't know where else to turn. Until one day my friend introduce me to this great spiritualist who helped her to get back her lost husband back with love spell and also made her pregnant, So I decided to contact this spiritualist Priest Babaka after interaction with him, He did a ritual for me and also instructed me on what to do, after then i should have sex with my partner or any man I love in this world, And i did so, within the next 3 weeks i went for a check up and my doctor confirmed that i am 2weeks pregnant. I am so happy!! if you also need help to get pregnant contact him via email : babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone my name is Sophie,i am from Canada I feel very happy to share my great and wonderful testimony with everyone on this platform..: I was married for 4 years to my husband and all of a sudden another woman came into the picture he started hating me and he was abusive and all because i never bear him a child. but i still loved him with all my heart and wanted him at all cost.... He filed for divorce and my whole life was turning apart and i didn't know what to do, he moved out of the house and abandoned me all alone,one day a very close friend of mine told me about trying spiritual means to get my husband back,so i went online to search and i came across so many spell caster who only wasted my time and took a lot of money from me,but i went back to her and told her that spiritual way has only taking my money and not yielding anything, and she  introduced me to a spell caster,drgurulovespelltemple@yahoo.com, so i decided to try it. although i didn't believe in all those things because of what i have gone through lately,i contacted the Doctor and explain all my problems to him and he told me that i shouldn't worry that when he cast the spell on me and my husband that my husband is going to run back to me and that within 3weeks am going to get pregnant,so i did the little he ask me to do and behold it all work out,my husband run back to me and right now we have Twins boy and a girl,so all thanks to Dr Guru you're indeed a great spell caster, in case anyone needs help here is his email address; drgurulovespelltemple@yahoo.com His spells is for a better life OR whatsapp him now +2349023365076

    ReplyDelete
  7. How To Get My Ex-Lover Back: I Need My Ex-Lover Back Spell Casters +90 538 069 4285, dr.makinidrmurugu@gmail.com OR dr.makinidrmurugu@yahoo.com

    I am very happy to recommend Dr. Murugu to everybody that truly needs help to fix his or her broken relationship and marriage. When I found Dr. Murugu online I was in desperate need of help to bring my ex-lover back. She left me for another man. It all happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. she just left me after 3 years of our of marriage without any explanation. so I was very worried and could not eat till I went online and I found testimonies on Dr. Murugu so I decided to contact Dr. Murugu through his whats-app and I explain everything to him so he helps me cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did the spell, my wife started texting and calling me again. She said that she was sorry and said that I was the most important person in her life and she knows that now. you can Email Dr. Murugu now for urgent help dr.makinidrmurugu@gmail.com OR dr.makinidrmurugu@yahoo.com
    Website: https://drmuruguspellhome.com
    Whatsapp: +90 538 069 4285

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello I feel amazed after a long period of emotional depression with my husband which I almost lost hope in but all thanks to my girlfriend (Annie) who had same problem years back so I confided in her and she gave me hope to smile again by giving me an advice on how she got through her emotional depression pains with the help of a great spiritual priestess called Dr BleBle who helped me restored my broken/lost relationship back happily and I am so grateful for her help thank you Annie baby girl for giving me this positive contact advice that brought back my happy marriage again email Dr BleBle via (drbleble525@gmail.com) of joy

    WhatsApp him via +234 705 703 4263

    ReplyDelete